Friday, October 7, 2011

STANDING IN THE RIVER



My second chapbook of poems, Standing in the River, is hot off the press from Tebot Bach and available on-line at www.tebotbach.org/publication.html. Standing in the River was the winner of their 2010 Clockwise Chapbook Competition and Tebot Bach did a wonderful job producing the book. I couldn't be more satisfied.

That's my friend Adrian Psuty in the cover photo, swinging the Lower American on a winter morning. He and his wife Teresa taught me how to spey cast and continue to fuel my obsession with wild steelhead and home-brewed beer. Good friends, indeed.

I'll be reading from my new book at the Sacramento Poetry Center -- with Kathleen Winter -- on Monday, 10/10; at Angar Mora's Salons for Wooing Our Imagination! in San Rafael on Monday, 10/17; at the Urban Hive in Sacramento -- as part of the Color, Words & Rhythm event with Clemon Charles -- on Thursday, 11/10:
and at The Other Voice in Davis -- with Danyen Powell -- on Friday, 11/18. Shoot a message to me if you're interested in more details.

A special thanks, too, to Toni Wilkes for including Standing in the River -- and me -- in the Sonoma Book Festival on 9/24.